Those discs you thought were done for because of scratches and years of use now have a second chance at working and all you need to do so is get some things together from around the house. You'll need toothpaste most importantly, some tissues, water and the actual CD you want to try and fix. Apply the toothpaste on the side of the disc which is to be read and the spread it around using your hands. Once its applied over the whole disc, use water to wash it all off. Then use the tissues to wipe clean the discs and to dry them off. That should do it, even though this process doesn't remove any of the scratches on the disc, it will make them easier to read.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades